What training do your volunteers have?
- Our Consultant volunteers have all completed Slingababy Consultant Training, and attend Slingababy CPD events. Some of our Consultant volunteers have also attended Ecole du Portage and Trageschule Consultant Training. Each Library session is hosted by a Consultant volunteer, often other Consultants attend as Demonstrating volunteeers.
- Our Demonstrating volunteers have all completed Slingababy Peer Support Training, some have also attended Born to Carry and School of Babywearing Peer Support Training. They are mentored and supervised by our Consultant volunteers.
- Our Admin volunteers have not yet attended external training, but have plenty of useful experience.
- All our volunteers are parents, both mums and dads, with a wide range of parenting experience and specialist knowledge.
Why won’t you teach me to back carry in a busy Library session?
- Our volunteers are trained to demonstrate, not teach. Our consultant volunteers are trained to teach, but they are also supervising the whole session and cannot guarantee the 30 minutes or so personal attention that you will need. This is why we introduced the mini-consult, if pre-booked we will ensure one consultant is available to teach you while another supervises the session.
Can I carry my premature or very low birthweight baby?
- Our consultants can help you with carrying options for your premature or very low birthweight baby, as they are trained to adapt carrier options to meet the additional safety concerns around prematurity and very low birthweight. Please contact us for more information.
Extra needs baby or parent/carer?
- Contact us. Our consultants have plenty of experience of making carrying work for a very wide range of additional needs, disabilities and medical appliances (feeding tubes, braces, harnesses, plaster casts, boots and bars etc.)
- Contact us. We have a good selection of twin carriers available for hire. We do not take them to Library sessions except by prior arrangement, and we do not hire them to parents and carers who have not previously had a private consultation with one of our consultants (one of whom is actually a parent of twins) to cover the additional safety considerations of carrying two at once. We offset the cost of this requirement by offering twin parents and carers two-for-one on all sling and carrier hires.